Search This Blog

6.30.2009

my future home


I'm back from NYC! Well I got back from Monday and since I barely slept over my trip I became extremely lazy and put off posting.

New York City was amazing, I wanted to live there for the longest time but now that I actually went there I have this screaming urge that needs to move there soon.

Day 1

I checked in my hotel around 5 P.M ish so me and my sisters just went out and walked around Time Square since my hotel was right by it. I couldn't believe I was there- you see it soo many times in movies but it's even more incredible in person. Unfortunately this was also when I found out that Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died- when I was waiting to be seated for dinner the restaurant had the T.V. on confirming the deaths. (RIP FF & MJ). After dinner we headed back to Times Square again and saw this massive crowd of people standing by David Letterman. So we decide to see who was the celebrity that was signing autographs and it was JOHNNY FREAKING DEPP! I was so excited because he was in Chicago a few days earlier and I didn't even know about it then but I see him in NYC instead... it was meant to be ;).


Day 2

Shopped down 5th Avenue then took a cab and did some more shopping in Soho and Chinatown. I also checked out stores that I wanted to for a while now such as Opening Ceremony (so depressing because I couldn't afford any of it) and Topshop (I expected more because of all the hype but I must say the top floor was shoe heaven). I also checked out Little Italy which gave me a large dose of nostalgia- i've been to Italy for months at a time and being in this place made me miss it so much. We decided to get gelato there- which is something everyone should do because you haven't tasted ice cream until you've tasted gelato. It then started to rain so we went back to the hotel and later went walking around in Time Square again.

Day 3


Took a cab to the Upper East side and visited Central Park in the morning which was beyond beautiful. I did not expect this place to be so huge plus I enjoyed the quietness after hearing the noises of traffic for the past couple of days. After I went to Barney's for the first time and it wasn't what I expected.. I figured it would be different somehow. I ended up purchasing a Mike & Chris hooded vest which I cannot wait to wear. I did some more shopping around that area and walked by all of the stores that I wished I could shop at (Chanel, YSL, Prada...) Another depressing moment for me. Later I went to go see Little Mermaid on Broadway which was really cute and again walked around Time Square to look at all of the tourist shops.



Day 4

We ventured down to go see Ground Zero in the morning. It was so surreal being there but I wished that they would leave it as it is instead of rebuilding the World Trade Center. Or make it a memorial site... anyways after we went to Battery Park and took a boat to go see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Again another surreal experience for me, its strange when you see something that you have studied about in history class for so long and then see it person. We took a break after this because it was extremely hot that day and the boat was so shaky that we all were feeling a bit sick. But later on we went back to Soho and Chinatown for some last minute shopping. At night we visited Time Square one last time before we said goodbye to the city.


It's been two days since I've been back and I miss it sooo much. New York City was a place that I've wanted to visit for a long time. The trip was a present from the parents for my graduation since I've been talking about wanting to go there for years now. The trip made me more confident in my career choice, which is apparel merchandising. I couldn't imagine majoring anything in college that isn't related to fashion because it is something I'm so passionate about. Plus if I had to, I would move to NYC in a heartbeat. I always wanted to live that kind of gossip-girl life and hopefully I will get the chance someday.

I may eventually make a post about all of the stuff that I bought from New York. Which reminds me- I might have to follow the "cleaning out closet" trend that many bloggers are doing right now because: 1. I am broke 2. I have so much stuff I haven't worn to sell. 3. I need to make room for all of my new purchases.

By the way this is my 100th post!

4 comments:

Aline said...

ohmygosh!

what a fun trip...I have never been to NY, but hopefully next year!

congratulations on hitting 100!

Young Damsel said...

ahh johnny depp<33 he looks delicious in public enemies--you must see it! looks like you had a great time! can't wait until those outfit posts (:

xx

Anonymous said...

wow ! nice post. thanks for sharing dear . (=

preppygoesrock said...

i love nyc... id like to leave here too!
check out my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...